Avocado, Beetroot, Chocolate and Cricket Cake
Avocado, Beetroot, Chocolate, Crickets and Cake. This combination combines to form a fudgy dark chocolate cake that is full of protein thanks to Primal Future Cricket Powder. Roasted beetroot and cricket powder is included into the base, and the avocado is used in the frosting with dark chocolate to form a silky smooth frosting.
For the cake:
- 3 Tbsp Primal Future Cricket Powder
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 medium beetroots
- 1 ½ cup of coconut sugar
- 1 ½ cup of coconut flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp cream of tartar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
For the frosting:
- 2 Avocados
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Method Roasting Beetroot:
- Preheat oven to 200°C and place beetroot wrapped in tinfoil into oven.
- Roast for 60 minutes and allow to cool.
- Remove beetroot skin and place beetroot into a food processor to blitz.
- Turn oven down to 180°C and prepare two cake tins with baking paper and cooking oil.
- In a bowl, mix together almond milk and cream of tartar. Allow this to sit for 5 minutes to curdle.
- Add into the almond milk mixture, 1 cup of the pureed beetroot, sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Beat this mixture until foamy for about 30 seconds to avoid the coconut oil solidifying.
- Sift in the remaining dry ingredients and beat again.
- Divide this mixture between the two cake tins and place into the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes and allow to cool down once removed from the oven.
- Place avocado flesh into a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add remaining frosting ingredients and puree again.
- Complete the cake by starting with one of the cake bases. Add a layer of frosting to this.
- Place the other cake base on top and finish with more frosting.